Is Marketing a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Management of Financial Resources – Making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- Persuasion – Talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- Negotiation – Bringing people together to solve differences
- Service Orientation – Looking for ways to help people
- Management of Material Resources – Managing equipment and materials
- Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions
- Speaking – Talking to others
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions
- Time Management – Managing your time and the time of other people
Professional Sales and Marketing Pathway
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.
Take the Quiz