Is Government & Public Administration a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Programming – Writing computer programs
- Writing –
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information
- Speaking – Talking to others
- Mathematics – Using math to solve problems
- Systems Analysis – Figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- Negotiation – Bringing people together to solve differences
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- Judgment & Decision Making – Thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Public Management and Administration
Revenue and Taxation
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.