Is Education & Training a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Learning Strategies – Using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- Instructing – Teaching people how to do something
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers
- Speaking – Talking to others
- Active Learning – Figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information
- Systems Evaluation – Measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions
Administration and Administrative Support
Professional Support Services
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.