Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
Marble Finisher Helper,
Help brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying, or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- state Avg. Salary $$$$$$31,655Download Career Flyer
What do they typically do on the job?
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
Career interests describe the perspectives and interests of people who enjoy the type of work involved in this career.
Discover what your interests are by taking the Interest Profiler Quiz
People who want to pursue this career have knowledge in these areas.
Engineering and Technology
Building and construction
Math and Science
Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Whether you have received formal training or not, these types of abilities are helpful in this career.
Hand and Finger Use
Keep your arm or hand steady
Hold or move items with your hands
Use your lower back and stomach
Lift, push, pull, or carry
Exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People who want to pursue this career have skills in these areas.
Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Work values describe how your core beliefs align with those commonly needed for this career.
Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.
Does this sound like something you'd like to do?
1. Do some research
- Identify how your interests, values, and strengths match this occupation
- Talk to someone who works in this field or spend a day job shadowing
- Use the colleges and training directory to explore programs related to this career
2. Plan your next move
- Talk to your college and career counselor or school admissions staff
- Connect with a career advisor or mentor
- Visit Idaho Launch
Data for NSI career cards comes from the following: Idaho Department of Labor, US Bureau of Labor Statistics, O*NET, MyNextMove, and Career OneStop