Is Architecture & Construction a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the right tools
- Equipment Maintenance – Planning and doing the basic maintenance on equipment
- Equipment Selection – Deciding what kind of tools and equipment are needed to do a job
- Operation & Control – Using equipment or systems
- Troubleshooting – Figuring out what is causing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs to not work
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or display screens to make sure a machine is working
- Quality Control Analysis – Testing how well a product or service works
- Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions
- Management of Material Resources – Managing equipment and materials
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.