Idaho Opportunity Scholarship award amounts are calculated after taking into account all other grant and scholarship aid that a student has received; including federal, state, and private awards. Potential scholarship award amounts range from $0 – $3,500. If a student’s total scholarship and grant awards are equal to or greater than your institution’s cost of attendance or the state-set cost of attendance of $22,478; your Opportunity Scholarship award amount will be rendered at $0. An Idaho Opportunity Scholarship award will never exceed the amount of a student’s actual tuition and fees.
How to Accept
Students must accept or decline their award by the date listed on their award notification. A failure to respond will be interpreted as an explicit refusal of the funds.
A student’s login email will be the same address that the award notification was sent to. If necessary, use the Forgot Your Password? feature to gain access.
No additional offer rounds* will occur in 2022.
Access your account HERE
*If current recipients forfeit an already accepted scholarship offer, a few students may be offered an Idaho Opportunity Scholarship award in early Fall, 2022. The number of students this will affect is minimal.
Initial offers, including award amounts, are not final until all of the below items have been confirmed by your institution and the Idaho State Board of Education.
- Academic Eligibility: A student who has not yet graduated from a state board-recognized accredited Idaho high school or its equivalent must have an unweighted GPA of 2.7 or better on a 4.0 scale. A student enrolled in an eligible Idaho postsecondary institution must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Educational Goals: Recipients must be undergraduate students who have not previously completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Enrollment Status: Opportunity Scholarship recipients must complete 18 credits each year if they are attending a 2-year postsecondary institution and 24 credits each year if they are attending a 4-year postsecondary institution. Recipients must attend an eligible Idaho college or university the first semester after being awarded.
- Residency Requirements: Opportunity Scholarship recipients must be residents of the state of Idaho and graduates of an eligible Idaho high school, home school, or its equivalent.
- Financial Eligibility and FAFSA Completion Requirements: The Idaho Opportunity Scholarship is a need-based award. Financial eligibility is determined, in part, by your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculated from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be submitted by March 1 each year. Your EFC will be verified by your postsecondary institution.
After each award round, the list of official awardees will be sent to each Idaho college and university. Some institutions may take longer to distribute awards than others. Please check your institution’s financial aid award portal or contact your institution’s financial aid office for updates.
Please note that by accepting this offer, students are indicating that they understand and agree to the requirements associated with this scholarship. Continuing Eligibility appears on page six, section 302; 01-04. Review rules HERE.