What will it cost? Where will the money come from?
Costs depend on where you go.
- Private schools tend to cost more than state schools
- State universities tend to cost more than state colleges
- Apprenticeships are a way to learn on the job, while still earning a paycheck
- Idaho Workforce Training Centers offer short-term classes, certificate courses, and career training with a variety of accessible cost structures
- Proprietary schools are non-degree granting schools for industries like taxidermy, equine dentistry, gunsmithing, phlebotomy, truck driving, electrical linework, massage and more. Costs vary widely depending on the discipline and the length of the program.
For students interested in a 4-year degree:
To save money, complete the first two years of your Bachelor’s degree at a state college then finish the second two years at a state university!