Is Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Science – Using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- Programming – Writing computer programs
- Technology Design – Making equipment and technology useful for customers
- Operations Analysis – Figuring out what a product or service needs to be able to do
- Mathematics – Using math to solve problems
- Systems Analysis – Figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- Systems Evaluation – Measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- Management of Financial Resources – Making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
Science and Mathematics
Engineering and Technology
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.