Is Information Technology a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Programming – Writing computer programs
- Technology Design – Making equipment and technology useful for customers
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
- Operations Analysis – Figuring out what a product or service needs to be able to do
- Systems Evaluation – Measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- Systems Analysis – Figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- Troubleshooting – Figuring out what is causing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs to not work
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- Quality Control Analysis – Testing how well a product or service works
- Equipment Selection – Deciding what kind of tools and equipment are needed to do a job
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.
Take the Quiz