Is Hospitality & Tourism a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Service Orientation – Looking for ways to help people
- Management of Financial Resources – Making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions
- Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions
- Management of Material Resources – Managing equipment and materials
- Negotiation – Bringing people together to solve differences
- Persuasion – Talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- Management of Personnel Resources – Selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- Time Management – Managing your time and the time of other people
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
Recreation, Amusements & Attractions
Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.