Is Finance a Fit for You?
Core skills that are necessary for success in these occupations:
- Management of Financial Resources – Making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- Mathematics – Using math to solve problems
- Negotiation – Bringing people together to solve differences
- Persuasion – Talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- Judgment & Decision Making – Thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- Programming – Writing computer programs
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information
- Speaking – Talking to others
Securities & Investments
Explore Career Clusters
There are 16 total clusters, which represent loosely grouped occupations that share common features. It’s one approach to investigating sets of jobs that match your skills and interests. Investigate one, or more, that interest you and take the quiz to see which might be a good fit.