What is Apply Idaho?
Each year, more than 12,000 Idaho seniors apply for free to 10 of Idaho public colleges and universities through our online college application platform. Learn more about applying by following our step-by-step guide below.
Pages 1 & 2 - Personal Info & Addresses
A bit about you
Page 3 - Application Information
Indicate your Graduation and Build your College List
Page 4 - Supplemental Questions
Organize and plan your writing prompts
Step 5 - Application Summary
Review your application
Step 6 - Application Submission
Time to submit your application
Get ready to begin your journey
Walk through the application with us before you apply. We’ll look at approaching the application and hear advice from your Next Steps Idaho team.
Apply Idaho opens each year on Oct 3 and closes on June 30
To meet the application deadline, you must submit your application materials by 11:59 pm June 30. Keep in mind, all timestamps are recorded in MST (US Mountain Standard Time).
It is always better to submit well before 11:59 pm to avoid last minute issues with your computer or internet access that might cause you to miss the deadline!
Who can use Apply Idaho?
Currently Apply Idaho is only open to Idaho High School Seniors enrolled in an Idaho public high school or charter school, Idaho Homeschool students and to Idaho Private School students whose schools have elected to participate in this state sponsored application
What is my EDUID?
- For many students this is your identification number provided by your high school. If it is not, ask the staff at your high school.
- If you’re an Idaho homeschool student who has taken a class at an Idaho public or charter school, reach out to them for assistance. If you’ve not taken a class at an Idaho public or charter school you can request an EDUID from the Idaho State Board of Education by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you need my EDUID?
Apply Idaho uses your EDUID as your unique student identifier so that when institutions receive your application(s) they know it represents one unique student – YOU!
Is there a cost for me to apply?
There will be no cost for students using this Apply Idaho feature. You may still apply from a college or university website. There may be a fee to apply from a college or university website.
What if I cannot remember my password?
If you need to reset your password, just hit Forgot password on the Login page and it will walk you through the process of resetting your password.
I haven’t received my confirmation email?
- Double check you’re using your PERSONAL email, not one provided by the school. School accounts often block external emails.
- SPAM filters & typing errors are also racking up some casualties. So, check your SPAM folder and double-check you entered your email address correctly into Apply Idaho.
- Make sure your email account isn’t full. Has it exceeded the storage limit for the mailbox error; undeliverable? If so, then make sure their accounts have enough memory/space to accept new messages
How long is a verification email active?
A verification email remains active for 24 hours. If you haven’t clicked on the verification link within that timeframe you will need to request a new one.
Direct Admissions Letters
What if I am senior who transferred from out of state?
While you might have missed out on receiving your Direct Admissions letter in the mail, you can view it once you’re created your Apply Idaho account.
Can I only apply to the colleges listed on my Direct Admissions Letter?
You can apply to any colleges listed in Apply Idaho but be aware that if you apply to a college not listed on your Direct Admissions letter you will need to meet additional admissions requirements.
How do I indicate that I am enrolled in multiple tribes?
If you are enrolled in multiple tribes, please select your primary tribe from the list in the “Please choose the tribe you are enrolled in” question.
What does “US dual citizen” mean?
When selecting U.S. Dual Citizen, it implies that you are a citizen of the United States and another country.
What if I don’t have a social security number?
If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), you do not need to enter anything in the Social Security Number field (it is not required). This field refers to U.S. citizens only.
How do I add a college to my application?
- From page #3 click on Select Institutions/Majors
- Search available majors.
- The schools with that major will highlight in yellow.
- Check the box in front of one of the schools you’re interested in applying to and a list of majors will pop up.
- In the Results List, click on the add button for ONE major.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you’ve selected a major from each school you’re interested in applying to.
- When done, click next and double check the Selected Institutions/Majors section on screen 3 is correct before proceeding to the next step.
How many colleges can I apply to?
You are not limited to the number of colleges you can apply to within Apply Idaho, but a best practice would be to select a safe school, target school, and reach school.
Can I add a college or university at a later time?
Yes, you may submit your application to another college or university. You will need to update your application and hit the submit/resubmit button to complete this process.
Is there a limit to the number of edits I can make to the supplemental questions once I've submitted an application?
- There are no limits to the number of edits you can make, but please keep in mind the more times you edit your application(s) the longer it will take for the institution(s) to make an admission decision on your behalf.
- REMINDER– You MUST RESUBMIT your application(s) after you edit your answers.
What is the min/max word count on supplemental essay questions?
Keep in mind the maximum word count for any supplemental essay question is 2000 characters including spaces and punctuation. Anything longer than that will truncate your response.
What are some best practices for completing supplemental essays in Apply Idaho?
- Keep a file on your computer with a backup of your essays
- If you are pasting your essay into the Apply Idaho, paste it first into Note Pad or Text Edit, and then paste it into Apply Idaho to avoid formatting irregularities
- Always double check that the content appears correctly and, in its entirety,
- Be sure to proofread your essays for any typos
- There is no save button – so anything you type is saved – but it’s not automatically submitted so make sure to click on the submit button after reviewing your application.
What if my unweighted GPA is not showing up correctly on the Summary page?
If your unweighted GPA is not correct, make sure to check the box that lets us know. You will receive specific institution instructions on how to provide them with your updated unweighed GPA on your confirmation page as well as in your confirmation email.
What if my test scores are not showing up correctly on the Summary page?
If your test scores are not correct, make sure to check the box that lets us know. You will receive specific institution instructions on how to provide them with your updated test scores on your confirmation page as well as in your confirmation email.
What data will be sent to the colleges and universities I apply to?
In addition to the questions, you answer during the application process, the system will be sending the institutions your High School, Dual Credit, ACT, and SAT data as reported to the state. This data will only be provided to the colleges and institutions you apply to.
Can I stop the process of applying and return to complete the required information later?
Yes, you have the option to return to your account and complete your application. However, once you have hit the “submit” button your application will be sent to your institution of choice.
What do I do if I change my mind and want to change or eliminate one of my college/university choices?
You can add a new college/university and intended major at anytime, but you can only remove a selected institution if that institution has not yet processed your application.
Note: Any changes made to the list of Intended Majors and Institutions will require that the application be resubmitted.
What are the system requirements to use Apply Idaho?