Summer break is all about getting some well-deserved time off. But there are lots of ways you can continue to think about and plan for your future, while still leaving plenty of time for fun.
- Read books about careers you may want to explore. For example, if you are interested in clothing design, read about famous designers.
- Start developing a resume of your high school activities and awards, think about what you can do this summer to build your skills and add things that will help prepare you for your career, get into college or qualify for scholarships.
- Take the FutureFindr quiz to see how your skills and interests might lead to a rewarding career.
- Learn about volunteer opportunities for high school students and consider signing up to donate a few hours this summer or during the school year. You can learn valuable career skills, build your resume, and feel good about giving back in your community!
- Think about what you don’t know about your options after high school. Make a list of questions you want to ask your counselor when school starts. The earlier you have the answers you need to plan for your future, the better prepared you’ll be to make a decision when the time comes.