What Is Financial Aid?

If you need help paying for college or a career school, the office of Federal Student Aid can assist you with getting the money you need. Check out these resources and learn about grants, loans, and work-study jobs and how they can help fund your education.

There are three types of federal student financial aid:

  • Grants — This type of financial aid does not have to be repaid (unless you leave school and owe a refund).
  • Loans — This is money for school that you borrow. Loans almost always have to be repaid with interest.
  • Work-Study — This is money you earn by working in a job that qualifies for work study. Your college will help you coordinate your work study arrangement, and most work-study jobs are on campus.